Upcoming Stamford Events
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
Upcoming Storrs Events
Thursday, May 31st, 2018
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
OtherNew York City
Are you interested in pursuing a career in the media & entertainment industry? Then attend the 2018 FUTURE NOW Media & Entertainment Conference!
During this conference students can:
- Learn about the breadth of opportunities in this industry
- Start building professional networks
- Meet and network with media leaders and executives
The event is free to attend but an application required. The deadline is Monday, April 30th. Applications do not only get you into the conference, but also included in the Talent Resource Portfolio that FUTURE NOW will provide to media sponsors and executives in attendance as a resource to fill internship and job openings.
For more information, go to http://www.futurenowconference.com
Monday, September 17th, 2018
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
OtherNorthwest Community College
Please join us for one of our free regional breakfast symposiums for up-to-date information from CT employers about jobs with bright outlooks and the skills employers need. Patrick Flaherty, Assistant Director of Research at the CT Department of Labor, will provide an overview of labor market information for CT and nationally. Hear about ways to engage youth in STEM education.
Free registration includes breakfast and a morning of lively discussions and networking.
- Stay up to Par by Networking: Lessons from the Late, Great, Arnold Palmer May 8, 2018The sport of golf has been gaining popularity over the past few years thanks in part to emerging talent like Jordan Spieth and Rory Mcllroy. While I myself am not a golfer and not overly familiar with these two particular …
- Starting a New Job: The First Day May 2, 2018Are you starting a new job soon? Congratulations! Your first day at a new job is an opportunity to meet the people you’ll be working with and make a positive first impression. First days can be stressful, but if you …
- Undergraduate Student Success Story: Kwame Eyiah April 24, 2018Major: Economics Minor: Analytics Year: Junior What was your internship or co-op and how did you find it? During the summer of 2017, I was a Market Risk Intern at The Hartford. In June of 2016, I took part in …
The Center for Career Development
Tara Malone has recently joined UConn Stamford as the Assistant Director for the Center for Career Development.
As a Nationally Certified and State Licensed Counselor, Tara brings over 18 years of experience in career development and higher education with a passion for working with diverse populations. Prior to coming to UCONN, Tara began her career in the Federal TRIO programs, supporting first generation college students in achieving their academic and career goals. During her tenure at Purchase College, State University of New York, she coached numerous college students in their professional development, initiated innovative career programming, and developed impactful opportunities for experiential learning. Tara has made meaningful contributions to the career development field through conference presentations on best practices and lectures at colleges, universities and community organizations. She is the recipient of the Guiding Light Award for Student Services, the Eastern Association of Colleges & Employer Diversity Advancement Award, and Alva C. Cooper Award for Best Practices in Career Development. Tara holds a Bachelor of Science in Speech Communication with a concentration in Advertising from Emerson College and a Master of Arts in Community Counseling from Fairfield University.
One University Place, Room 2.13
Stamford, CT 06901-2315
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00
Counseling sessions by appointment
Schedule a Resume Critique Appointment in Stamford (choose James Duffy or Alex Manna)Schedule a Career Coaching Appointment in Stamford
(choose Tara Malone as of 3/23/2018)Schedule a Career Coaching Appointment
with CCD Storrs via Skype or Phone